-->



Sunday, May 01, 2005

Speech Class Memories 




First Year

I could barely remember the things that we did during for our Speech classes in first year. Well, there was one thing that I could never forget...our Speech teacher and that's for sure. She's a woman of a thousand talents! Hehe.

Second Year

Six (or seven?) Thinking Hats, spontaneous speeches, hook, sign posting and all those speech stuffs. This was when I started dreading our Speech classes cause of those spontaneous speeches wherein we have to discuss a certain topic for 1 or 3 minutes. It was quite scary cause you never knew what topic you're gonna get, I mean you only get to pick a topic a minute before you actually start your speech. (Like duh? Spontaneous...) Although, I think it was fun delivering all those spontaneous speeches.

Third Year

Well this was an exciting year. Fallacies with Calvin and Hobbes on the side. Hehe! A little Logie. Plus lots of debate, debate, debate! We still had those 3 minutes speeches and our teacher would always have those "remaining minute(s)" cards which he would raise in between sips of his drink. The ever so famous Troika Hall (our rectangular version of an Amphitheatre with lost of imagination, hehe) that always had a temperature below 0° F. Can you say, "Brrrr..."?! Hehehe.

Fourth Year

More debates plus the thesis defense at the end of the school year. I couldn't remember much but I would never forget one particular debate. In that debate there were of course, two teams with 3 speakers each and the only difference in this debate was that each team was required to have their own witnesses. I was the second
speaker and my task was to question the witness of the other team. The topic was about the Color Coding Scheme and my team was the negative or the anti-Color Coding Scheme. So one day before the said debate,we (my team) finds out that the other team's witness was none other than Romeo Maganto himself-he was the one that imposed the said scheme. (Oooh, wait did I get his name right?!) I got so nervous and scared like what was I going to do?! How the hell was I going to point out that the scheme wasn't so successful in solving our traffic problems? I mean how was I going to go about with my questions? Yeah, I knew that I wouldn't die if I point those things right to his face but I was really scared! Debate day comes and my goodness, thank God cause the other team had a problem. I turned out that Mr. Maganto couldn't come. I have never been so relived in my life! Haha!



This page is 

powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The 

Blog Directory Blog Directory Blog search directory