-->



Thursday, July 12, 2007

Holden's in the Rye 




I've finished reading the book some nights ago (The Catcher in the Rye).. Boy, it killed me. Killed me big time. I really sort of felt for the main character, Holden. His sarcasms, cursing and all. There were some parts wherein I really pitied the guy. Boy, he really had his whole goddamn life messed up to the point that he actually thought of being a catcher in the rye. Crazy really. As a whole, the book was funny--touching even. The brother-sister relationship really killed me. It did. It was sweet to think that they had a huge age gap. It was not phony or whatever, t'was really cute. Although, I only wished that it didn't end the way it did. Boy, I really wished that the story continued some more. But anyways, it ended quite fine-you know what I mean?! There's just one thing that caught me - why the hell does Holden give a damn about the ducks in the lake? I mean why does he even think about whatever happens to them when the lake freezes? That practically killed him, which was somehow kinda funny in a way, But really now, what does happen to them come winter? They can no longer swim cause the water's all frozen. Poor ducks. Boy, they must be helluva sad when winter come. Oh wait, no they are not...cause they just fly away before the water even starts freezzing. Yeah. That's right.

Hehehe. Notice that the composition of the paragraph sorta resembles how the book was written. Wala lang.




This page is 

powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The 

Blog Directory Blog Directory Blog search directory