Mwahaha! My posts bout Harry Potter are not yet over. By the way, I watched the movie again last Saturday! Woohoo. Gosh, the cinema was flooded by loads of people.
Ang yaman na talaga ng cast. Dito pa lang sa Pina P18M na sa opening day eh. I still stick with what I've said bout the movie. Okay, here's some new concerning
The Goblet of Fire. (Hmmm...I wonder if Heart really auditioned for that part).
HARRY'S LOVE
May 9 2004
EXCLUSIVE
By Euan Stretch
THIS is the schoolgirl set for movie stardom - as Harry Potter's first girlfriend.
Katie Leung, 16, has scooped the prized role of Cho Chang, the Chinese girl who wins the heart of the boy wizard.
And the youngster gets to kiss Harry - played by 15-year-old Daniel Radcliffe - when Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire starts filming later this year.
Last night a movie insider said: "Harry develops a crush on Cho in the Goblet of Fire. It is fair to say that she becomes his first- ever girlfriend, so it's an import- ant part.
"The film producers and author J. K. Rowling were keen to get a complete unknown for the part of Cho Chang and Katie's absolutely perfect. She's pretty, bright and one can see why Harry would have a crush on her. She has a glittering career ahead of her."
Katie beat more than 4,000 Oriental-looking girls, including former Neighbours star Michelle Ang, to the part at an audition in February.
In the books Harry becomes smitten with Cho Chang although she is going out with housemate Cederic Diggory at Hogwart's school. After Cederic's death, the couple go on a number of dates in the wizard's village of Hogsmeade.
But Cho's continuing grief over Cederic, her jealousy over Harry's friendship with Hermione Granger and his inexperience in love seem to scupper the relationship.
Katie lives with father Peter, two brothers and a younger sister in a £400,000 house in an exclusive district of Motherwell, near Glasgow.
Her father was born in Hong Kong in 1962 and has lived and worked in Britain for over 20 years.
When he married Katie's mother Kar Wai Li, 38, in Edinburgh in 1986 - the couple are now separated - he was running a Chinese take-away in Inverkeithing, Fife. He built up his business interests and is now a millionaire with a successful restaurant in Glasgow city centre and a thriving Chinese food wholesale business.
Katie currently goes to one of Scotland's most prestigious private schools, a £5,000-a-year college where she is taking her exams.
She's one hell of a lucky girl! Hmm..but I just have to say this, she doesn't look like the Cho Chang that I've imagined. Actually, she's not that pretty but I think the role would fit her compared to the other Asian girls who auditioned for the role. She looks a lot younger than the others (I saw some of the other girls' pix), like a school girl. I'm sure many girls are so freakin' jealous, ah...I'm not included. Hehe. She's really, really, really LUCKY! Like woah! Here's her pic..
So what do you think?? Is she really a Cho Chang material?
*news from Sunday mirror
pic from Mugglenet





